Friday, July 19, 2013

Mild Lamb Koftas and Tabouli

Dad and I have very different tastes, I can't handle a pinch of chili, I can barely even handle garlic.  My tongue and taste buds are a bit woosy.

Before you start soak the skewers in some cold water

Lamb Koftas:
Lamb mince
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of thyme
Chili powder (I chicken out at this point and show the chili powder box to the bowl and maybe a couple of bits float over into the bowl)
S & P
You can add parsley, coriander, lemon zest, garlic  (I haven't perfected this recipe yet)

Mix with your hands (clean hands aye), make a long sausage shape around a skewer, not too fat or they take too long to cook.
Little splash of olive oil in a frying pan, fry for a few minutes, roll over, fry for a few minutes, roll over...  until cooked through.

Tabouli:
Couscous- use the instructions on the box
Add cubed cucumber, tomato, mint leaves, lemon zest and lemon juice

Yoghurt Dressing:
Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, lots of mint leaves.

Serve with pita pockets, grated carrot and shredded lettuce.

YUMMO


No comments:

Post a Comment