Friday, October 31, 2014

Cooking Bucket List

Savoury Pinwheel Scones (they won't be as good as Nana's but I can try)
A teacher aide at school brought in a batch for us while I was acting principal for a day.  I worked in the staffroom a metre away from the basket of warm scones tempting me with their delicious aroma.  They had chow chow, cream cheese, onion etc on them.

http://www.allysongofton.co.nz/recipe/Relish-and-bacon-pinwheel-scones/?r=3278

http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/food/recipes/savoury-pinwheel-scones/

Cheesecake
Never made one, baked or otherwise.

Fondant iced cake (Mack or Fin will get a special birthday cake one day)

Cooked salmon (tasted some kind of salmon bake in white sauce on a conference,  I was a wee bit dubious but starving and there was no other option so I served myself a hefty portion, sat on the ground outside in the sun- as you do on a conference and was very pleasantly surprised- hunger is the best seasoning.

Preserve something

Wontons from scratch

Cauliflower pizza

Homemade Stock Winter 2014
Piece of cake ={D

French Onion Soup with cheesy bread
I remember making this in 3rd form, haven't had it since.

Chicken Noodle Soup Winter 2014
Nailed this! Made it twice this winter with homemade chicken stock from a rotisserie chicken.  Very happy with the results
Should have written down the recipe because I mashed together what I found on Google and went by feel, I mean taste.  They both had a buttery quality which made them decadent without any butter in sight.  




No comments:

Post a Comment